Husqvarna 346 XP Review
I Purchased a Husqvarna 346 XP in Spring of 2012 and it is now fall of 2014.
This could perhaps be the best saw ever made for a semi-pro homeowner or a professional.
I have 13 acres in Northern Maine and cut split and stack 30-40 cords each year for my Heatmor 400/4s Outdoor boiler. The saw is a powerhouse.
The key to keeping this thing cutting like a surgical tool are as follows:
1. Field sharpen the chain after each fill-up.
2. Clean the oil holes on the bar, (one on each side), at each fill-up
3. Use 92 octane fuel 50:1 mix
4. Use a pre-mix canned fuel, for the last fill-up of the year. This fuel needs no added stabilizers for the winter because it has no ethanol.
5. Fog the cylinder with Marvel Mystery Oil or Lucas Oil stabilizer for the winter storage period.
The Husqvarna 550xp is a light 50cc chainsaw, revs like crazy and it's a great firewood saw . The auto tune is great and it's a pound lighter than the Stihls .
Stihl chainsaws sold at John Deere dealers have no clue about saws, get a good indepenent dealer.